Go crazy wildlife fans! It’s feeding time at the sanctuary and your guide will help you to get up close to as many different animals as possible in two and a half hours. This small group tour will introduce you to a whole new world of feathered, furry and scaled friends.
What you’ll do
⋅ Feed the wombats their daily snacks
⋅ Give the cockatoos their sometimes wriggly treats
⋅ Hook the Tassie devil onto its snack & start a game of tug of war!
⋅ Meet our two unique species of quoll and spot their differences
⋅ Feed the spotted-tailed quoll their meaty delight
⋅ Watch the amusing rainbow lorikeets devour their grapes
⋅ Feed fresh eucalyptus to the koalas whilst stroking their thick, woolly fur
⋅ Hand-feed the tawny frogmouth bird and watch them swallow their food whole
⋅ Be brave and hand-feed the emus
⋅ Spot the secretive and little known Tasmanian bettong in their grassy nests
⋅ See the sweet-toothed sugar gliders come out for their dessert, and…
⋅ Pluck up the courage to stroke a blue-tongued lizard.
Everything you need to know:
Tour duration: 2.5 hours
Time: Two sessions available, starting at 10:00am and 1:30pm
Adults $156.50, Children (3-15 years) $83.00
* Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a full fee paying adult.
* Bookings being made within 48 hours of the tour date cannot be accepted online. Please contact us directly to enquire about availability.
* Large groups can be accommodated on this tour. Please contact us to make a booking for groups with 7 or more people.
* If you are booking a tour for more than 6 people please be aware that opportunities to feed and interact with the animals will be fewer for each participant.
Transport: Don’t have a car? No worries. Our local guides can be arranged for transport at a cost of between $140.00 to $175.00 dollars return trip from Hobart.
* Please contact us first if you require transport.